The walls, arches, wooden coffered ceilings and classy apartments near Merano span several hundred years of history.
In fact, it is a house with character and originality which never lost its charm.
The “Gurtenhof” estate is apparently of antique age. Various historians agree that the old wall facing east, where the barn of the estate used to be located, is a remnant of the old “St. Katharina” house chapel. This chapel, referred to as “domus s. Katerina“, was already declared in deeds in 1327.
In 1692 the estate was owned by an earl called Graf von Frankenberg. He sold the estate to Jakob Knoll in that year.
Since 1996 Erich Knoll has owned the Gurtenhof estate. He has refurbished the house together with his wife Sabine and since 1999 the family rents holiday apartments in these historic walls.
Included services at the Gurtenhof estate
In addition our service covers:
- NEW! Free entry in the open air pool of Tesimo
- final cleaning (if you stay one week)
- bed linen
- towels (towels are replaced in the middle of the week)
- heating of the stoves and fireplaces
- use of the alpine spa area
- reserved in advance, exclusive use of the spa area (extra charge)
Arrive, feel at home, unwind and recharge your batteries in our holiday rental in Tesimo above Merano!
In our heritage-protected “Gurtenhof” estate - a Tyrolean style manor.