Views of the Castle of Rovereto and Ponte Forbato over the river's waterfalls
verandas and balconies jutting out over Leno,
luminosity and transparency created by the double facade,
harmony of traditional spaces and ancient artifacts,
pivoting latticed shutters and an original larch staircase,
Siena terracotta floors treated with natural oils,
the convenience of a lift and a new municipal parking lot
The properties identified by parcels Ed. 210 and 211 C.C. Rovereto have been declared of cultural interest, in accordance with article 10 and 13 of the Legislative Decree Jan. 22, 2004, no. 42, in accordance with the supervisor for Architectural Heritage n.1168dd. 14 Dec, 2006.
This pertains to two buildings located in the historic centre of the ancient village of St. Tomaso (now Via S. Maria) originally built end 16th c. – beg 17th c.: from the plans of these two projects, it can be assumed that at that time this area was still undeveloped. It is therefore clear that in the 16th c., the land on the left bank of the River Leno next to the bridge (also the access to the southern gate of the ancient city walls), was not built up or inhabited as identified in the documents of the 17th c. The first map shows a bird’s eye view of where the house is circa 1620 and is attributed to Joseph Maffeotti Floriani.
In the map this area appears, for the first time, to have buildings some of which could correspond to the Casa dei Turchi. Subsequent plans clearly show the existence of the house such as the map of the river Leno in 1775, where the building indicated has almost the same dimensions of the house today. In particular the corner building is marked on the map with a letter “A”, which corresponds to the legend of the “Casa Mona” (Mona House), which was the name of the owners from 1636 until sometime in the late 17th c. This assumption is confirmed by documents in the public library of Rovereto.
The following is a list of passages from documents from the era in which the house is mentioned: - document dated 8 March 1636: Testament, which was written in his house in the district of San Tomaso Francesco, son of Biagio Mona; - Document 22 November 1649: The wedding between Bernardina, the daughter of Francesco, the son of Biagio Mona, and Antonio, the son of Cristoforo Rosmini, took place in 1632; - document dated 30 October 1678: According to this document, the widow of Biagio Mona rented a house with a workshop in the village of San Tomaso to Giacomo Vicentina, bound in the East by the town road, on the south by the Via Antonio Salvetti, on the west by the River Leno and in the north by the north bridge; - 10 June 1689 Veronica, Biagio Mona’s widow, rents the house for 5 years.
Become involved in a piece of Italian history an office, a home, a cafe or a shop the ancient 'fondego' (trading post), restored by craftsmen, in the old Borgo San Tomaso. A piece of 17th c. Rovereto and one of the most significant historical buildings in Santa Maria.
|First Floor||One-bedroom apartment||58,8||220.000€|
|Second Floor||One-bedroom apartment||56,2||240.000€|
|Third Floor||Two-bedroom apartment||55,1||260.000€|
|Fourth Floor||Medium Duplex||87,1||340.000€|
|Stock||Art||Quadratmeter ges.||Mietpreis pro Monat|
|Vierter Stock||Maisonette klein||87,1||900€|
Add to list
Via Santa Maria, 1 - 38068 Rovereto
+39 366 4400171